Saturday, March 15, 2014

New Art: Curiosity

Hello~
Yesterday I finished a piece which I started earlier in the week- which was mildly inspired by the work of Audrey Kawasaki (the fish, at least).
It's my attempt at more collage-like works, where I draw the main components on good marker paper, and then cut the out and paste them onto textured/interestingly colored backgrounds. With marker I've found that it's difficult to create good looking backgrounds, and plus there's always the chance of the marker bleeding and ruining the drawing.
If you aren't familiar with marker being used as a medium, it's not the traditional "crayola" marker or something like that. The ones I use (Copics), are an alcohol marker, and the colors are absolutely beautiful and they give a somewhat water color-like effect, which I love.
The drawing
I am quite happy with how it turned out- I especially love the fish.
I hope you (possible) readers out there like it~
Sakura 

5 comments:

  1. wow you have amazing drawing skills, i love it! <3
    Let's keep in touch!
    Would u like to follow each other?

    Milkyrabbit.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing art, you have skills :)

    hope we can follow each other :D
    __________________________________________________
    Please follow my blog ‘Heylinni’ at:
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4923497
    If you’d like, I’ll follow you back :) Bloggers should support each other x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey beauty nice pictures , I love ur blog :)
    Regards from Bosnia ♥
    http://obsessionwithfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. helloo nice art you have there . actually i love drawing too :3
    mind to follow each other?

    xion xiu's blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey beauty nice pictures, I love ur blog :) You really have a good taste and style. :) Would you like to follow each other?
    Regards from Bosnia ♥
    http://obsessionwithfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete